Special conditions of connection (caregivers and patients)
Last update : September 29, 2022
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS OF CONNECTION, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT USING A GMD ACCOUNT IS PROHIBITED AND IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A GMD ACCOUNT, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE ANY USE IMMEDIATELY.
- The QPRN declines responsibility for verifying the eligibility of a User or confirming the identity of any User. Without limiting the scope of Section 4.2 of these Conditions of Connection, the QPRN reserves the right, without any obligation of the QPRN, to suspend or close your GMD Account if we discover that you are not eligible to create a GMD Account in accordance with these Conditions of Connection.
- To access certain QPRN Services reserved for patients and caregivers or to offer information resources, you must open a user account (“GMD Account”).
- You can open a GMD Account by using an email address and creating a password.
- When you open a GMD Account, you must provide accurate, current and complete information at all times and keep it up to date.
- You may not open more than one GMD Account or assign or otherwise transfer your GMD Account to any third party.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your GMD Account and not disclosing your GMD Account information to anyone. In the event that you know or have reason to believe that your GMD Account information has been stolen, lost or otherwise compromised, you must immediately notify the QPRN by email at the following email address: email@example.com. You acknowledge and agree to be responsible for any activity conducted through your GMD Account unless such activities were not authorized by you and you are able to demonstrate that you were not negligent.
- Subject to the provisions hereof, the QPRN may at any time require additional conditions and obligations to open a GMD Account.
– By the QPRN to offer you various resources, content, activities, training or other QPRN
Services;- By the QPRN to verify the identity of Users for security purposes, for statistical and marketing purposes and to optimize the Portal’s functionalities.
- Unless you provide specific consent to us, the QPRN acquires no ownership rights in User Content and nothing in these Conditions of Connection shall be deemed to restrict any rights you may have to use or exploit the User Content.
- You are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through the Portal and/or GMD Account. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that:
(i) you are the sole and exclusive owner of the User Content that you make available on or through the Portal and/or the GMD Account and that you have all rights, title and interest, licenses and consents necessary to grant to the QPRN the rights in such User Content as contemplated herein, and,(ii) neither the User Content nor your posting, uploading, submission or transmission of any User Content or the QPRN use of the User Content or any part of the User Content as contemplated herein will infringe any third party intellectual property rights such as copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, moral rights or other intellectual property rights or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- You will not post, upload or transmit any User Content to the Portal that:
(i) is fraudulent, false or misleading;(ii) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive;
(iii) promotes discrimination, racism, hatred and any other similar sentiment against any individual or group;
(iv) is violent, threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person;
(v) infringes any policy adopted from time to time by the QPRN. The QPRN may, without prior notice, remove or terminate access to any User Content, which the QPRN deems to be in violation of any applicable law, these Conditions of Connection or any policy or standard then in force of the QPRN or otherwise which bears damage to the QPRN, its Users, third parties or its properties.
- As a Portal User, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all User Content transmitted through the Portal and/or your GMD Account and for complying with all laws, rules, regulations and obligations that may apply to you in connection with your use of the Portal.
- The QPRN complies with all copyright laws and expects its Users to do so as well. If you believe that any content on the Portal infringes any intellectual property rights you own, please notify us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The QPRN shall deactivate your GMD Account immediately in the event that:
– The QPRN has sent you a written notice of thirty (30) days to the effect that your GMD account will be deactivated.
- We reserve the right to modify these Conditions of Connection at any time and without notice. You can verify if they have been modified and updated by referring to the “Last update” indicated at the top of this document. In all cases, your continued use of the GMD Account after any modification to the Conditions of Connection constitutes your acceptance of such modification.
- These Conditions of Connection will be governed by the applicable laws of the province of Quebec.
- If any provision of these Conditions of Connection is or becomes invalid or unenforceable, the Parties will continue to be bound by the remaining provisions of these Conditions of Connection. In such case, the Parties will replace the invalid or unenforceable provision with provisions which have, to the greatest extent possible, a similar effect to the provisions which have been invalidated or deemed unenforceable, considering the content and purpose of these Conditions of Connection.
- You agree that these Conditions of Connection and all the agreements forming an integral part thereof may be automatically assigned by the QPRN in its sole and absolute discretion without notice to you, subject to applicable laws.
- The headings in these Conditions of Connection are for reference purposes only and may not be used in any way to interpret such section. The words “included”, “including” are deemed to be followed by the words “without any limitation”.
- A party’s failure to act with respect to the breach of another party shall not constitute a waiver of that party’s rights to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- These Conditions of Connection govern your use of your GMD Account and take precedence over any agreement and/or agreement made, if any, between the Parties, whether verbal or written.
- Any notice to be sent under the Conditions of Connection or any question related to the GMD Account must be sent to the QPRN by email at: email@example.com.